Sunday, February 21, 2010

Playing an Ocarina

Do Re Mi Fah Sol La Ti Do

I started playing the ocarina a few weeks ago. I have to admit that it's not as difficult as I would imagine a traditional flute to be, or any other instrument that requires tons and tons of practice just to play one fluent song; however, I also wouldn't say that the ocarina is the easiest instrument to play, either. It takes a lot of memorization, and it takes a lot of effort in learning to move hands independently of each other. I lucked out a bit there since I'm a bit ambidextrous.

There are tons and tons of different kinds of ocarinas. My hope is to get up to something really advanced so that I can play tons of different music. I hate being limited!

If you would like to know more about ocarinas in general, see: About the Ocarina

No comments:

Post a Comment