Monday, September 14, 2009

Kanye West = Jackass

No, I didn't watch the MTV VMAs last night because I don't give a damn. However, I heard about Kanye West's douchebaggery stunt that he pulled on Taylor Swift, and it was ridiculous. I watched it on YouTube and thought, "what an idiot!"

For those who don't know, Taylor Swift won an award last night for the best video of 2009 or something, and Kanye interrupted her speech only to tell her that Beyoncé's video deserved to win. Now, I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift's music really, but she didn't even know what to say. All she could do was stand there after being insulted.

I respect people who don't shy away from what they want to say, but you don't interrupt a teenage girl's speech after winning something all on her own.

People may say it's a publicity stunt or whatever, but if that's true, then what a disgrace to music to have artists participating in this kind of childish behaviour. Especially on a night when they were celebrating Michael Jackson's life and career. So, whether it was staged or not, it's a shame to see this kind of garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment