Thursday, August 27, 2009

Is it Good-bye for Ender?

After debating long and hard, I've decided that Ender (the cat) can no longer stay with me. If you read my previous post about Ender, you'll understand why.
Here's a basic breakdown list:

Pros for Keeping Ender
- he can be sweet
- he's really cute
- I love him
- he keeps the other cat company


Cons for Keeping Ender
- destroyed my futon between urinating and scratching
- destroyed all of my kitchen chairs
- destroyed my brother's furniture
- tears up and makes a mess all over my carpet
- will not stay off the stove and kitchen counters (talk about gross)
- requires a lot of attention that I just don't have the time to give
- needs to be groomed regularly, which is another thing I don't have time for

It is plain to see that the cons severely outway the pros, and that is why I am forced to post an ad for him. The problem is that I totally intend to be severely picky as to who he goes to, because I don't want him in a house full of wailing kids or partying teenagers. The poor kitty wouldn't be able to stand those things, and he'd be so scared. I already feel severely guilty, but I know that his current life isn't fair to him, and that I can't afford to keep him. There is just no way to get around it. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment