Thursday, August 27, 2009

Them Crooked Vultures

Alrighty. It's time to get back to the more positive aspects of a blog. As a huge music fan, I can never get enough of it. I love music that can get my blood pumping, but at the same time, bring something fresh to the table.

Now, I'm not sure how this band may fit into that, but this supergroup of three respectable musicians seems to be THE band that will have an impact on listeners by the end of 2009. Already being immensely cryptic delivering small studio clips and playing live shows as the mystery band, what has been heard so far has critics calling this group of men "the real deal" when it comes to supergroups.

A project that has taken over four years to develop, Them Crooked Vultures consists of Josh Homme (Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age), Dave Grohl (Nirvana/Foo Fighters/Probot), and the legendary John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin). Being a fan of all three guys, I can't help but be pumped for something that has so much potential.

Already having a full album of material ready to be released, it is exciting to see what these guys release. Nothing is known about an album release as of yet, but having played an entire 80-minute set at their first show over two weeks ago while having studio clips up on YouTube, the band seems to be ready to release something.

I can't wait to see what this group brings to the table. I know I love what I've heard. It would be nice to hear some fresh new music from a new band. Here's hoping!

Elephants (Studio Clip):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBckNeRMXDY

No comments:

Post a Comment